Are you looking for the best shoes for nurses in the UK? These are 15 of the best comfortable shoes for nurses who are working long shifts and on their feet all day!
For nurses living in the UK shoes must be plain black, and fully enclosed so the toes are completely covered. They must also be soft soled, nonslip and waterproof.
As a nurse myself I know how important it is to get comfortable shoes when you are on your feet all day! The shoes in this list are all extremely comfortable and meet the criteria for working in UK hospitals.
Don’t forget if you buy your own shoes for work you can claim tax relief for the expense. I have included a link at the bottom of this post so you can read further information on tax relief for UK Nurses.
This post is all about the best shoes for Nurses in the UK
Best Shoes for Nurses UK
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links meaning I get a commission if you make a purchase through my links (at no extra cost to you). For more information please read my disclosure.
1. Best Comfortable Shoes for Nurses
Nurses are on their feet all day and need to be comfortable. They don’t have time to change shoes or socks, so it’s important they find a shoe that is both comfortable and durable. The Skechers Women Sure Track Work Shoes is great because it has a memory foam insole which conforms to your foot for excellent comfort and support. It also has an anti-microbial lining which helps keep the shoes fresh between washes.
If you suffer from plantar fasciitis this is a great running shoe to keep your feet comfortable while working long hours.
- Soft fabric shoe lining
2. Best Rated Shoes for Nurses
Nurses are on their feet for hours at a time. Nurses need to be comfortable and have shoes that support them while they work and also care for patients. These are some of the best rated shoes for nurses according to nurses themselves! They were one of the first pairs I bought when I first became a nursing student. They are great for working long days and 12-hour shifts and have a good grip for walking around the wards all day.
3. Best Comfort Shoes for Nurses
Packed with comfort features, the Clarks Women’s Hope Roxanne Loafers includes an Ortholite foam inlay. This foam is made from leading open-cell technology and provides exceptional first touch feel for a more enjoyable style experience. Importantly, this inlay also helps absorb every step you take to give you that extra oomph of shock absorption.
Not only do these shoes minimize the amount of impact caused as you walk around the hospital, but it also means your foot won’t flatten as easily under pressure or when scuffed at all!
These shoes have a rubber outsole and are a great option for healthcare workers who spend a long time on their feet. They have a roomy toe box for ultimate comfort and are an excellent choice for flat feet.
4. Best Loafers for Nurses
The Clarks Un.loop2 Walk Loafers are a feminine iteration of the original Clarks shoe, with its signature features like unstructured design and lightweight construction. They are made from leather which provides breathable protection against the elements whilst maintaining elegance and style, meaning you may want to wear them on your days off!
You can get the same style of shoes for male nurses. They are among the best nursing shoes and can also be worn for regular day wear. If you are looking for the right pair of shoes for healthcare professionals these are a top pick.
5. Best Zip-up Shoes
The Clarks Women’s Adorn Zip Loafers might be your perfect nursing shoes. They’ve got these handy performance insoles that will keep the moisture and sweat from accumulating on your feet, and they’re made from breathable material. The removable insole means you can replace the footbed when it’s worn out. It’s the perfect shoe for medical professionals!
6. Best Clogs for Nurses
The Lakeland Clogs are made of waterproof and easy-to-clean EVA with textured cushioned insoles. The clogs are lightweight, comfortable, slip resistant, and made to last!
All of my coworkers love these nurse shoes! They provide great support and help to relieve foot pain. They have also been tested for slip resistance and come in a variety of colors.
- Comfortable and durable slip-on clogs
- Perfect for leaving by the back door for pottering in the garden or getting the washing
- Also suitable for kitchen and medical environments
- Practical, lightweight, water and slip resistant with optional-use strap
- Made from lightweight EVA rubber, easy to keep clean by wiping with a damp cloth
7. Shoes with an Ortholite foam Footbed
There are a lot of brands that offer shoes with an ortholite foam footbed, but not all of them have the same qualities. OrthoLite is one of the most well-known and reputable companies in this field, so if you’re looking for quality orthopedic shoes, these high-quality shoes are excellent.
These shoes also have an adjustable strap to increase comfort levels and a padded collar for a comfortable fit.
8. Best Shoes for Nurses with Flat Feet
If you have flat feet you’ll want shoes with great arch support. If you’re on your feet all day the last thing you want is for your shoes to be causing pain and discomfort. You need a shoe that not only provides good arch support, but also has the right heel height to prevent back aches and knee pain. These are one of the best shoes for nurses with flat feet. They are comfy shoes which help to prevent heel pain and provide greater support for nurses with flat feet.
- These black womens loafers from fitflop have a average to wide fit
9. Best Shoes for Nurses with Plantar Fasciitis
I have written an entire post on the best shoes for nurses with plantar fasciitis where I found the Dansko professional clogs, or shoes from Nurse Mates were both a good choice if you have sore feet from plantar fasciitis. The Skechers Women’s Go Walk however were also a perfect choice since they have a soft footbed which absorbs shock. Like the Dansko women’s professional clog they have slip-resistant soles and a structure which helps to prevent chronic pain.
10. Best for Working on the Wards
If you’re working on the wards, your feet are going to get wet and dirty sometimes, so you’ll need shoes that can withstand a little bit of abuse. These shoes are enclosed and waterproof. They have a rubber sole and are made from synthetic materials which are easy to wipe down. The great thing about these high quality shoes is the adjustable strap which makes them snug against your feet. They are a good pair of shoes which are popular among student nurses.
- Leather Sock
- Soft, lightweight and flexible
- Standard width
11. Best Shoes for Operating Room Nurses
Great shoes for working in an operating room. They were designed with healthcare workers in mind, so they’re light and supportive enough to get you through even the longest shifts. They have extra protection at the toes, and are available in a variety of colours. Most medical staff who work in operating theatres or recovery rooms wear Crocs. I always wore them along with compression socks. Check out my post on the best crocs for nurses.
- Odour-resistant, easy to clean and quick to dry
- Sole sizes are us. Label shows UK. M = men's w = women's
- The Crocs Shoes will display us sizes
12. Best for Extra Wide Feet
The Cushion Walk EEE Extra Wide Orthotic Shoe Insole is the perfect choice for people with wide feet. The extra width and depth of this shoe insole will ensure that your toes have plenty of room to move around and your feet are comfortable all day long. This orthotic insole has been designed to reduce pain and pressure on the ball of the foot, heel, ankle and lower leg areas. These insoles can be used in most types of shoes including work boots, trainers, running shoes, dress shoes or even sandals.
These shoes are one of the best options if you have very wide feet. As an added bonus they are also breathable shoes which help to relieve joint pain. They have a wide toe box which will accommodate the size of your feet and they have good shock absorption.
- Extra wide EEE fitting
- Touch fastening and button detail
- Padded massage insole - wear with comfort all day long
- Perfect for the office or as nurse shoes
13. Best Lightweight Shoes
The FitFlop™ Gogh Pro will be the most comfortable clog you have ever worn. The soft suede upper and microfiber lining make these shoes feel like a dream. They have an average to wide fit and a synthetic sole with rubber pods, which provides excellent grip on hospital floors. The FitFlop™ Gogh Pro also features an adjustable strap for added comfort.
The unique design is extremely comfortable and a popular choice among nurses who want to maintain good foot health.
- These black womens clogs from fitflop have a average to wide fit
14. Best Orthopedic Shoes for Nurses
The Oxypas® Antistatic Nursing Shoes are the ideal choice for nurses and healthcare professionals who require a lightweight, comfortable, protective shoe. The shoes protect against electrical hazards with an anti-static sole that is made from natural rubber. They have a slip-resistant outsole to reduce the risk of slipping on wet or oily floors. These shoes also come with a shock absorbing midsole in EVA to provide comfort and support while standing for long periods of time.
These shoes are available in a number of different styles and provide all day comfort.
- Lightweight quality shoe in high-performance synthetic leather
- Encloses the entire foot for maximum protection
- Shock absorbing: ultralight midsole in EVA for shock absorption
- Non-marking outsole
- Anti slip outsole in rubber for better grip
15. Best Trainers for Nurses
The streamlined knit upper of these women’s trainers delivers a sock-like fit while the knit construction provide comfort and breathability. The slip-on closure with stretch heel and loop makes them easy on and off.
- [STRETCHY UPPER]: The streamlined knit upper of these womens trainers delivers a sock-like fit while the...
- [SLIP ON CLOSURE]: Slip-on construction with a stretch heel and loop makes these ladies trainers easy on...
- [SOFT & LIGHTWEIGHT]: Moisture-wicking technology keeps feet cool and dry while running or walking. The...
- [FLEXIBLE OUTSOLE]: Washable and flexible TPR sole with great traction, ensures you get to where you are...
- [OCCASIONS]: Perfect for walking, running, shopping, traveling, fitness, jogging, gym, exercise, workout,...
FAQs on Nursing Shoes
What shoes can nurses wear UK?
In the UK nurses should wear black shoes which how low heels and quiet soles. They must be enclosed so that the toes are completely covered and waterproof so they can be easily wiped down.
Do nurses wear Skechers?
Sketchers specifically make shoes for Nurses which are comfortable and supportive. They are ideal for nurses who are on their feet all day.
Current Amazon Best Sellers for Nursing Shoes
- Slip on design, easy to pull on and off. A good Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthday gift for women, her or...
- Comfortable knit upper with elastic band, more flexible and breathable, offering you a superior good foot...
- Non slip rubber outsole, with good grip, arch support and traction, makes it more comfortable for...
- The height of the heel (air cushion design) is about 2.28inches, comfortable and durable, featuring with...
- These stunning womens sports shoes are suitable for any seasons,go well with all outfits.Perfect for...
Other Posts Relevant to Nurses in the UK
- The Best Crocs for Nurses in the UK
- The Best Fob Watches for Nurses in the UK
- 13 Ways Nurses Can Earn Extra Money